Services for people with hearing loss
If you communicate using BSL, we can support you by making the initial contact with service providers who may not know about your communication needs.
How we can help you:
- Advice, information and signposting to other services
- Telephone support for house bills, benefits etc
- Translate English into BSL
- Advise local GPs and hospitals to get you the right Communication support.
We also give advice on information and training in the use of services such as Sign Video, Sign Health and NGT Lite text relay, which may help you to become more independent.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us.
We have different ways for you to get in contact with us including Skype, Facebook Messenger and FaceTime.
Hearing Aid Support
Our aim is to help you make the most of your hearing aids. We do this by providing information, advice and training in how best to maintain them.
If you have a tubing request for your hearing aids, please contact us.
If you need to re-tube your hearing aid mould, please take a look at our demonstration video.
Monthly Drop ins for Hearing Aid Support
Our monthly Drop in are currently suspended, but we are offering appointments at the Resource Centre. Please contact us if you would like an appointment.
If you are housebound, we also have a home visiting service.
Try our specialist equipment
We have a range of equipment at the Resource Centre available for you to test and try to see if it may be able to help you.
Examples of Specialist Equipment
- Amplified telephones
- Alerting equipment – for example, doorbells and smoke alarms
- Personal and TV loop listeners
- Writing aids and specialist kitchen equipment for people with sight loss
- Alerting/accessible clocks
- Specialist lighting and UV shields
Please contact us if you would like an appointment to visit the Resource Centre to try some of the equipment.