Services for people with sight loss
We provide a number of services for people with sight loss including:
- A specialist assessment of your sight loss needs
- Daily living skills training
- Provision of equipment where you meet the local authority criteria
- Mobility training
Our trained staff are able to demonstrate and give advice on a variety of daily living aids, lamps, magnifiers and other specialist equipment.
If you are a patient at Milton Keynes Hospital Eye Clinic, there is support available there on Wednesday and Friday mornings from our Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO). Her role is to support adults newly diagnosed with a sight loss by providing information about their eye condition and also guiding them through the registration process where appropriate.
Also based within Milton Keynes Eye Clinic is an ECLO Service for children, they can be contacted directly through Milton Keynes Hospital Eye Clinic.
Try our specialist equipment
We have a range of equipment at the Resource Centre available for you to test and try to see if it may be able to help you.
Examples of specialist equipment
- Amplified telephones
- Alerting equipment – for example, doorbells and smoke alarms
- Personal and TV loop listeners
- Writing aids and specialist kitchen equipment for people with sight loss
- Alerting/accessible clocks
- Specialist lighting and UV shields
Please contact us if you would like an appointment to visit the Resource Centre to try some of the equipment.
Visual Impairment Support Groups
We are able to provide details and information about groups and activities in Milton Keynes for people with sight loss. Please contact our SARC team via telephone on 01908 401135, SMS to 07803 452617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org